I made a scrambled egg to complete my sandwich as breakfast 2 mornings ago. I’m really good at cooking it now. But it’s not something to be proud of. Let’s not talk about it.
After finishing my breakfast and wanted to wash the dishes, I smelled gases in the kitchen. Panicked, I shouted at my mother who happened to be at home at the moment. My mother called my father to help her while outside the kitchen I blamed myself, “Oh shoot! Did I forget to turn off the stove?!”.
And it wasn’t my fault after all. The stove was off but we could still even smell the gases from the living room. Following the procedures, my father unplugged the cable that connecting the gas tube to the stove then took the gas tube out of the house. But he couldn’t smell any leaking gas from the tube.
Maybe the problem is the stove..? So just to be sure, he sent the stove into the reparation. At the following day, the repared stove had been ready to be used again.
From what I read on the newspapers, any fire accidents that caused by the leaking gas came from the tubes. Therefore, they blamed the government whom supplied the gas tubes to citizens. But how could they be so sure when the crime scene had been burnt out..?
I don’t want to blame or not to the blame the government and or the stove producers and or the users. With this post, let me remind you to be careful when using the stove and always recheck after using it. And also regularly check the gas tube condition to know whether there is any unidentified gas tube leaking or not.
I miss to use our old electric stove.